From North America’s mountains to Africa’s deserts, this book will help kids learn the locations of states, countries, and continents around the world. They will also learn about the features that make up each region, including:
- What’s growing in the Amazon Rainforest;
- The longest river in the world – the Nile in Africa;
- The “frozen Ts” of Asia – the tundra and the taiga;
- Shelves of ice in Antarctica;
- The uniqueness of the Australian Outback;
- And more!
With exciting puzzles and activities, this book is a great tool for teachers and parents who want to make learning fun for kids. Before long, young readers will be reading maps and navigating tough terrain like bona fide geographers!
About the Author
Jane P. Gardner (North Chelmsford, MA) is a freelance writer and editor with more than six years of experience writing for school-aged children. She has a master’s degree in geology from Virginia Tech and a master’s degree in education from the University of Massachusetts-Boston. Ms. Gardner has also worked as a classroom teacher, predominantly with middle-school and high-school students. She left the classroom to enter the world of educational publishing. As an educational writer and editor, Ms. Gardner has worked on projects for students in kindergarten through the college level.
- Book Type: Paperback
- Page Count: 144
- Publisher: Everything
- Publishing: Illustrated Edition (January 17, 2009)
- ISBN: 9781598696837
- Reading Level: 7-12 Years